What documents are required when applying for a mortgage in Spain from abroad?
- Copy of Spanish National Identity card or Passport
- NIE number - Número de Identidad de Extranjero
- Payslips for the last 3 months
- Annual tax payments and deductions (P60 Form in the UK)
- Last 3 years' financial records for sole traders
- Last year's tax return
- Proof of your main residence
- For homeowners: Land Registry title
- For renters: Lease Agreement
- Employment contract (including all annexes)
- Bank statements from the last 6 months
- Statements of savings and investments (to verify the source of the deposit)
- Credit report
Read on to discover the documents checklist for a non-resident to apply for a Spanish mortgage.
What is a contrato de arras in Spain?
Contrato de arras is a reservation agreement between the buyer and seller of a property where key terms of the purchase are agreed upon. In combination with the arras...
What is Nota Simple?
Nota Simple is an essential property report for anyone considering purchasing a property in Spain. It provides an officially verified description of the property and...