What are the costs of buying a property in Spain?
Here are some expected costs associated with obtaining a mortgage in Spain:
- transfer taxes: 6-10% of the purchase price (second-hand properties)
- value added tax: 10% of the purchase price (new properties)
- stamp duty (AJD): 0,5-2% of the purchase price (new properties)
- notary fee: around 700€
- registration fee: around 350€
- consulting fees: around 450€
- property appraisal: 300-600€
Keep reading a guide that covers everything you need to know about taxes when buying a property in Spain as a non-resident.
What are the property taxes for resale properties in Spain?
When purchasing a resale property in Spain, the main tax is the transfer tax, known as Impuesto de Transmisiones Patrimoniales or ITP. The amount payable depends on...
What is the Spanish NIE number and how can I get one?
The "Número de Identidad de Extranjero" (NIE) is an all-purpose ID and tax number in Spain, required to buy property and get a mortgage in Spain. When living abroad,...